Organisation: Ekurhuleni Jewellery Project
Through the provision of excellent training and business incubation, Ekurhuleni Jewellery Project(EJP) will be the incubator of choice in the providing of an enabling environment for emerging jewellers and creating skilled, sustainable jobs within newly established businesses.
By training and providing access to systems and equipment that encourage mass manufacture of jewellery the EJP will give emerging SMME jewellers the opportunity to add value to South Africa’s mineral resources and meet the market needs of a growing local and international market.
- Access to state of the art equipment and machinery (Laser engraver, Orion tig welder, Tec 3D Printer)
- Casting, waxing and plating facilities
- Design and 3D Printing
- Technical skills training/assistance
- Administrative support
- Access to precious metals
- Security (Rand Refinery is a secure location to operate from and each workshop is equipped with a day safe)
- All applicants must have completed MQA level 3 or above, training from a recognised training facility
- Persons who have a proven record in the Jewellery Industry, but no formal training. Will be assessed from Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) perspective.
- All applicants for the incubator must not have a criminal record, as they will be vetted by Rand Refinery Security.
- Applicants may apply as a single person or as a small group (max 4 people for mini workshops dependant on size of workshop taken)
- Preference is given to applicants who reside in the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Area.
- Certified ID Copy
- Basic Business Plan
- Proof of Business Bank Account
- Business Profile
- PTY Ltd/CK document
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of Trade/Sale
*Ekurhuleni Jewellery Project
Offices – Gauteng